Monday, November 17, 2008

What are you doing on your saturday nights???



Can you tell where I'm going with this. No? Really? Aww, I'm disappointed. Well, this is my homage to one of the greatest things to exist in the history of comedy...drumroll please: SNL!!!! I think you can tell that I love/beyond adore this show. It's comedic talent at its finest. Sure the ensemble rehearses the skits, but they're all performed live (albeit the Digital Shorts) and you've really got to give it up for the guest hosts. For a lot of them, acting isn't their main profession or even an area they've ever been in at all (just look at Mikey Phelps, he was nervous/an amateur, but he came out all right). SNL allows us all to find that funny bone in our bodies and just let the laughter out. Almost everyday at school, I catch myself or one of my friends doing an impersonation from one of the recent episodes. It's soo fun! My personal favorites are: Nicholas Fehn, anything with Kristin Wiig, Weekend Update, most of the Digital Shorts, and anytime Justin Timberlake comes to visit. If you're an SNL virgin, I suggest you go and let loose, you won't regret it. 

Check out videos at: 
http://www.hulu.com/saturday-night-live
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/

No comments: