Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to All (murderers included)!!!


Well it's been a minute...10 days to be exact. I couldn't stay quiet long enough so before I unbutton my jeans and dig into some of the most delicious food I'll ever taste, I thought I'd hop on my soap box. Thanksgiving is a time of reflection, togetherness, family, gratitude, and peace. Across the nation, people are gathering with the ones they love to give thanks and enjoy this wonderful holiday, but there are still some who can't be with the ones they love today: soldiers, football players, prisoners, the homeless and less fortunate, etc. Wait!! Stop the press!! I'm sure many of you have heard about this, but an 8 year old boy who confessed (perhaps under questionable interrogation) to killing his father and another man will be allowed to come home for the Thanksgiving holiday. ?!?!?!?! I know this holiday is about family, but really?!?! I know it's hard for the kid being in the pen but it can't be that hard seeing as how he was able to pull the trigger on the man who gave life to him TWICE oh and not to mention was able to kill another man as well. The provisions for his homestay were that he not be allowed near guns (haha laughable no-brainer), knives (yeah that's a good one), video games (no duh-this isn't a vacation), or TV (oh so cruel). He just needs some quality talking time with the fam. Hey kid, ever thought about that before busting a cap in your pops. To be fair, I don't have a tremendous amount of details since a gag order was issued, but from what I can tell, the father wasn't abusive and the other guy was totally innocent in the matter. I am incredibly sorry for the second victim's family--this must feel like a slap in the face to them. The kid said he wanted to stop his dad from suffering, from what? Personally, I think that the police should be focusing on figuring out why this kid seemed to have no trouble killing two people instead of whether or not he's comfortable in the juvenile detention center. I mean the boy is 8, obviously if you're shooting pistols at 8 years old, you've got some issues that require a lot more treatment than turkey and gravy with ma and grandma. 

No comments: